We are totally committed to ensuring that your online shopping experience is completely secure and when you give us your name, address, credit card, contact details, or any other personal details, we promise to keep them safe and secure and with the exception of that outlined in this policy, we promise never to share them with anyone outside of our website.
Shopping with Maqio is safe, secure and guaranteed site security
The maqio.co.uk website is as secure as we can make it, with up-to-date security features. The website uses 128-bit SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) encryption technology which is the most advanced level of security that is currently available for online purchasing. When you are in a secure area of the website, such as the checkout screens, you should see a solid padlock in your browser status bar to indicate that the encryption is taking place. You will also see that the Maqio address in the browser has changed and the http has been replaced with https in front of the www.maqio.co.uk address.
Cookies are tiny text files stored on your computer when you visit certain web pages, which we use to keep track of what you have in your basket and remember you when you return to our website.
To utilise all the online shopping and personalised features of our website, your computer, tablet or mobile phone will need cookies enabling, as we can only provide you with certain personalised features of this website by using them.
Our cookies don’t store sensitive information such as your name, address or payment details: they simply hold the ‘Key’ so that once you’re signed in, is associated with this information.
We're giving you this information as part of our programme to both comply with legislation, including the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and to ensure we're honest and transparent about your privacy when using our website. We know you'd expect nothing less from us – therefore we endeavour to keep your information as private as we want our own kept.
If you’d like to learn more about cookies in general and how to manage them, visit aboutcookies.org.
If you’d like to opt out of cookies, please go to the Network Advertising Initiative website.
Please note that we’re not responsible for the content of external websites.
Link to these pages
Network Advertising Initiative Websites: http://optout.networkadvertising.org/?c=1#!/
Payment fraud prevention
Maqio Ltd uses Amazon Pay, Barclaycard Pay and PayPal to receive payments. These are all secure payment systems with fraud protection and buyer protection policies from the providers. If you use an existing account, you do not need to share any payment related data with us. We do not store customer credit card details.
We treat your personal data in the same way we would want our own data treated – so we are committed to ensuring your details are kept confidential, and only used to provide you with outstanding customer service when you have made a purchase from us.
We promise never to sell your personal details to any company, and unless specifically authorised by you to do so, we will never pass your details to third-party companies for mailing or marketing purposes outside of our website.
When you make a purchase from the Maqio website, we need to collect some personal information from you. Your information is held on secure servers and Maqio fully complies with the obligations required of the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) and current consumer legislation.
In order to be able to offer you Klarna’s payment options, we will pass to Klarna certain aspects of your personal information, such as contact and order details, in order for Klarna to assess whether you qualify for their payment options and to tailor the payment options for you.
What we collect
- Title, first name and surname
- Contact information including telephone number and email address
- Geographical information – your address and postcode and IP address
- Information about your online purchases from us (for example, what you have bought, when and where you bought it and how you paid for it)
- Information about your online browsing behaviour and information about when you click on one of our adverts
- Information about any devices you have used to access our Services (including the make, model and operating system, IP address, browser type and mobile device identifiers)
If you contact us
When you contact us, or we contact you or you take part in promotions, we may collect:
- Personal data you provide about yourself anytime you contact us about our Services (for example, your name, username and contact details), including by phone, email or post or when you speak with us through social media
- Details of the emails and other digital communications we send to you that you open, including any links in them that you click on
- Your feedback and contributions to customer surveys and questionnaires
How we use your data
We require this data to understand your needs and provide you with an excellent service, but also:
- Placing, processing and dispatching your order(s)
- Internal record keeping
- Analysing demographic and geographical location data via Google Analytics using cookies
- Providing you with website sharing services and social network connectors
- We may use the information to improve our products and services
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products & special offers
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes
- We may use information to manage and improve our day-to-day operations
Email marketing services
From time to time, we may email you with offers and updates on our products and services. These emails may be personalised to contain your name for promotional reasons. We use some third-party institutions to perform services on our behalf, including the handling, processing and fulfilment of your order. They receive only the information required to do this and all such institutions are under strict contractual obligations to keep your personal information secure and private.
Phishing emails and calls
Phishing is the process of gaining someone’s personal data illegitimately. This is often done by email and telephone, with the phisher claiming to be from an official or legitimate source.
Never share your personal information with someone claiming to be from Maqio Ltd. If we need to legitimately contact you regarding your payment method or delivery (for example), we will ask you to call us on our customer services number,0161 883 3388. If you believe someone is attempting to deceive you into passing your personal data over, please let us know as soon as possible.
If you would like to learn more about phishing, please see the Action Fraud website.
We try to ensure our mailings are relevant and contain offers that interest you, but should you no longer wish to hear from us, click the link at the bottom of one of our emails to update your account preferences. If you encounter any problems or need to speak to us, please call us on 0161 883 3388. The process to unsubscribe your email may take up to five working days.